Tuesday 14 November 2017

Major Project - Pre-Viz Spitfire

As I am starting work on my Pre-Viz and conceptual shots for the my film I have started building place holder models for the final products. First things first I've started with the Spitfire, as its for the Pre-Viz I tried avoiding going into crazy detail and using orthographic reference, so I just referenced it by eye with my real world models I had on hand. While it is lacking full detail I still tried to capture all the important parts that I feel will feature in some way (engine exhausts, canopy, wing shape).

For these rendered shots this was my first time trying to set up my own custom scene in arnold so they might not be exactly perfect, but my aim with the shader for this Pre-Viz render was to capture the plastic look of an unpainted Airfix model kit.







I have included these images too of some progress shots of the Airfix model I was building (http://bradleeking.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/major-project-airfix-spitfire-time-lapse.html) so you can get a better idea of the shader I was trying to replicate, with better lighting I think this can be easily achieved. (you can also see the inaccuracy's between the real model and my render easier i.e. the cockpit shape, propeller and the empennage)



No comments:

Post a Comment