Thursday 21 January 2016

Character Design - Prop Design

We were tasked with designing a prop for a character we were given at random, I ended up getting the Incredible Hulk. After talking with Justin we concluded we should focus on his Planet Hulk incarnation, were her battles bizarre creatures on an alien planet in a form of gladiator tournament.


So I decided to design some weapons for him, all based on parts of defeated creatures, that he's fashioned into crude weapons. So I made a large Hammer out of a ludicrously big Molar Tooth, and a large Blade carved into shape from a tusk. If I was to redesign the sword I would make it more crude and less curved.


Justin said I should focus on designing items more three dimensionally next time, and to practice drawing like that in general to convey designs easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment